“A leading semiconductor component distributor dedicated to the Asia-Pacific market, Dalianda Holdings announced that its subsidiary Youshang has launched a 500W full-bridge phase-shift zero-voltage switching DC-DC converter digital power solution based on STMicroelectronics (ST) STM32G474 .
A leading semiconductor component distributor dedicated to the Asia-Pacific market, Dalianda Holdings announced that its subsidiary Youshang has launched a 500W full-bridge phase-shift zero-voltage switching DC-DC converter digital power solution based on STMicroelectronics (ST) STM32G474 .
Figure 1 – Dalian Dayoushang launched a full-bridge phase-shifted DC-DC converter digital power supply solution based on ST products (1)
As modern Electronic products have increasingly stringent requirements for work efficiency and volume, traditional linear power supplies are gradually being replaced by switching power supplies. By increasing the switching frequency, the switching power supply can effectively reduce the volume of the transformer and the Inductor core, thereby improving the system efficiency and reducing the size of the product at the same time. However, the power transistors of the power supplies that use general hard switching have to withstand larger switching surges and switching losses. As the switching frequency increases, the overall efficiency of the circuit will also decrease.
Figure 2 – Dalian Dayoushang launched a full-bridge phase-shifted DC-DC converter digital power supply solution based on ST products (2)
In order to solve this problem, this solution adopts flexible switching technology to achieve zero-voltage switching with a full-bridge phase-shift architecture, which can greatly reduce the efficiency loss of hard switching, suppress switching surges, reduce electromagnetic interference, and increase power transistors. performance. ST STM32G4 series products are based on 170MHz Arm® Cortex®-M4 high-speed core is built, with floating-point unit and support for DSP extended instruction set, and equipped with ST’s new hardware math accelerator to improve the chip’s computing performance again.
Figure 3 – The block diagram of the full-bridge phase-shifted DC-DC converter digital power supply scheme launched by Dalian Dayoushang based on ST products
The STM32G4 series complements the existing STM32F3 series, with three times the performance of the STM32F3 series and a maximum operating temperature of 125°C. At the same time, this series of products have strong stability, especially the fast transient pulse (FTB) withstand capability up to 5.
Core technical advantages:
• A high-resolution timer with 12 independent channels, each with a resolution of 184ps, with self-compensation for temperature drift and voltage drift;
• Up to 25 advanced analog peripherals:
• Up to five 4 million times/second 12-bit analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) with hardware oversampling function to achieve 16-bit resolution;
• Up to 6 high-speed, high-gain bandwidth operational amplifiers with internal 1% gain setting;
• Up to seven 15 million times/second 12 digital-to-analog converters (DACs);
• Up to 7 comparators with 16.7ns propagation delay.
• CAN-FD industrial communication technology, the payload bit rate is 8 times that of standard CAN;
• Run mode power consumption is less than 165μA/MHz, extending battery life;
• Larger RAM, up to 128KB, with parity function;
• Flash capacity up to 512KB with error checking function (ECC);
• Increased flexibility for DMA and external interrupts;
• To optimize digital or analog functions, there are three product families: Basic, Enhanced, and High-Resolution.
• Input Voltage: 400V;
• Output Voltage: 12V;
• Output Power: 500W;
• Maximum Output Current: 42A;
• Switching Frequency: 100KHz.