From the automobile industry to the automobile society, automobiles have become a representative of a modern way of life, especially with the development of the economy, automobiles have become more and more popular, and people’s needs have become more and more diversified, thus stimulating automobile suppliers to develop functions More complete automotive products with richer cultural connotations and more distinctive brand characteristics. Specifically in the field of body electronics, it is to improve the “comfort” of driving on the premise of enhancing the functions of the car and improving the reliability of the system to ensure “safety”.
To follow this trend, from a semiconductor perspective, semiconductor manufacturers not only provide high-quality silicon, but also develop true system-level solutions for their products. Aiming at the automotive body electronics market, Shiping Group integrates the company’s advantageous production lines, and launches a number of complete application solutions for customers’ reference and evaluation. In addition, Shiping Group’s technical team can also provide high-quality technical support services to assist customers. Rapid product development and market introduction.
World Peace Group has launched the following application solutions in a timely manner for automotive body electronics applications:
1. Application of auxiliary reversing sensing system based on TI PGA450
2. Based on TI Hercules AFS (Adaptive Front Lighting System) application
3. Rain sensor control application based on ADI + Freescale
4. Keyless Entry application based on NXP + Freescale + TI + Atmel
1. Application of auxiliary reversing sensing system based on TI PGA450
TI’s PGA450 is a fully integrated programmable actuated ultrasonic transducer for automotive parking distance, blind spot detection and similar object detection applications. The PGA450-Q1 processes the echo signal using a highly configurable burst generator, low noise amplifier, and 12-bit successive approximation register (SAR) analog-to-digital converter (ADC) to calculate the difference between the sensor and the object. distance. In addition, the PGA450-Q1 integrates a LIN 2.1 communication physical layer, providing a high degree of flexibility to implement any desired communication protocol.
(1)TI PGA450 Application Features:
- Highly integrated design
- High precision analog input
- digital signal processing
- Easy to design and debug
- PC GUI software
(2) The working principle of the auxiliary reversing sensing system:
The car enters the reversing state (the reversing light is on), the system first enters the self-checking state, and the buzzer emits different sounds to detect the sensor state. The sensor transmits ultrasonic signals under the control of the controller, and generates echo signals when obstacles are encountered. , After the sensor receives the echo signal, the controller performs data processing, and determines the position of the obstacle, displays the distance and sends out other warning signals, so as to achieve the purpose of safe parking.
For more product information, please refer to World Peace Group’s solution based on TI PGA450 auxiliary reversing sensing system.
2. Based onTI Hercules AFS(Adaptive headlight system)application
The road is not straight and unchanged, AFS (Adaptive Front Lighting System) – Adaptive Front Lighting System, the light can be correctly illuminated on the bends ahead. With reference to the dynamic driving information from the steering wheel and the speed sensor, the electric motor that controls the steering of the headlights adjusts the light in the same direction as the steering wheel, so that the lights turn with the road, helping the driver to see the driving path and conditions clearly.
(1) Introduction to TI Hercules platform
TI Introduces New Hercules Safety Microcontroller Platform for Industrial Control and Transportation Applications, The Safety Microcontroller Combines With The Industry’s First Functionally Safe Motor Driver As A “Safe Motor Control Chipset” To Maximize Fault Detection And Mitigation , while minimizing software overhead. Complete application solutions make it easier for customers to obtain ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 certification for safety-critical automotive and transportation motor control applications and accelerate time-to-market.
(2) Principle of AFS (Adaptive Front Lighting System)
AFS is a system consisting of sensor groups, transmission paths, processors and actuators. Due to the need to make comprehensive judgments on various driving states of the vehicle, it is objectively determined that AFS is a multi-input and multi-output system.
The actuator of the AFS is composed of a series of motors and optical mechanisms. Generally, there are projection headlights, a height-adjusting motor for adjusting the vertical angle of the headlight, a rotary motor for adjusting the horizontal angle of the headlight, a movable grating for adjusting the basic light pattern, and some additional lights such as angle lights, etc.
Based on this, the basic components of the AFS adaptive steering headlight system include:
- Two stepper motors, respectively control the rotation of the headlights in the horizontal and vertical directions;
- Stepper motor drive and conversion devices;
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU):
- Structural parts for installing headlights;
- A LIN bus for transferring control signals and collecting sensor data, and a CAN bus for transferring sensor data to other control units.
For more product information, please refer to World Peace Group’s solution based on TI Hercules AFS (Adaptive Front Lighting System).
3. Based onADI + Freescale Rain Sensing Control Application
The rain-sensing control system is a single-chip solution using the AD7746, a high-resolution, sigma-delta capacitance-to-digital converter (CDC) from ADI. The chip has two capacitive input channels, each of which can be configured as single-ended or differential input, allowing direct connection to single or differential floating sensors for measurement. In addition, the chip has a two-wire I²C-compatible serial interface, which can transmit the measured capacitance change to the MCU, and the MCU controls the motor to drive the wiper through the received data changes, thus successfully realizing the function of the intelligent wiper system. .
(1)ADI AD7746 Application Features
- High resolution (24-bit no missing codes, up to 21-bit effective resolution)
- High accuracy (±4Ff factory calibrated)
- Dual capacitive input channels to interface with single or differential floating sensors
- Built-in on-chip temperature sensor with a resolution of 0.1°C and an accuracy of ±2°C
- Operating temperature range: –40°C～+125°C
- PC GUI software
- Can do environmental compensation algorithm
(2) Control principle of capacitive rain sensor
The principle of the capacitive rain sensor is that the dielectric constant of the capacitor changes according to the change of rainfall, which causes the change of the capacitance value, thus establishing the corresponding relationship between the change of rainfall and the change of capacitance. By measuring the change of capacitance, we can Know the amount of rainfall. The size of the capacitance is related to the distance d between the plates, the area of the plates s, the dielectric constant ε between the plates, C= εr*ε0 *s/d
When the plate area of the capacitor and the distance between the plates are constant, the size of the capacitance corresponds to the dielectric constant between the plates one-to-one.
Working principle diagram:
For more product information, please refer to World Peace Group’s ADI + Freescale Rainfall Sensing Control Solution.
4. Based onNXP + Freescale + TI + Atmel ofKeyless Entry (keyless entry) application
The keyless entry system means that the owner does not need to use the key during the entire driving process, and only needs to carry it with him. When the car owner enters the effective range near the car, the car will automatically detect the key and identify it, if successful, the door or trunk will be opened accordingly; when the car owner enters the car, just press the engine start button, the car will automatically detect the key position, determine whether the key is in the car, whether it is in the main driving position, if successful, start the engine.
The NXP keyless access control system has completely changed the development prospects of the automotive security application field, bringing users a new comfortable and convenient experience. World Peace Group has combined high-quality chips from NXP, Freescale, TI, and Atmel to develop solutions with stable performance for customers to evaluate and choose.
(1) Features of NXP keyless access control system application solution
- Stable performance and mature technology (almost every mainstream car factory in the world has keyless products using NXP)
- Strong encryption and high security
- Detection distance 2.5M, high detection accuracy inside and outside the car, up to 2CM
- Ultra-low power consumption, a 2032 3V lithium battery can be used for 3 years
(2)PKE Agreement process
For more product information, please visit the website of Dalianda Group:www.wpgholdings.com.